Product liability is essential to car manufacture. All tightened joints have to be correct. For this reason critical joints must
be counted, documented and, of course, tightened with the right clamping force. In order to do this, you need an impulse
wrench (with a built-in transducer) connected to a controller. This system ensures that only OK joints are counted resulting in
“Zero Fault Production”. This fail-safe system fits perfectly in the Poka Yoke Strategy.
Transducer for the TKa series
The strain gauges are positioned on the main shaft, picking up the twisting torque on the main shaft at each impulse as close as possible to the socket. The electric signals are transmitted by induction through the internal and external coils. Due to this principle the YOKOTA transducer is very reliable, accurate and without wear. The angle sensor is also mounted on the main shaft.
Possible Error Detections
- Detection insufficient torque and over torque
- Detection friction out of tolerances
- Detection of too long / too short bolt
- Detection of seizure
- Detection of cross threaded threads
- Detection of crooked threads
- Detection of damaged threads
- Detection of double tightening
- Detection of blind holes